Finding information about import licences for importing to Australia is tough. There is no single place to get information about which imported goods require licences and the rules and regulations are overseen by numerous government agencies. It has improved recently with the very good websites productsafety.gov.au and recalls.gov.au providing useful information for imported products that have mandatory safety requirements.
Here is a starting point for:
- Importing a car to Australia – customs and transport
- Importing electrical goods to Australia – EESS
- Importing communications equipment to Australia – ACMA
- Importing refrigeration and air conditioning equipment to Australia – import gas equipment
- Importing food to Australia – DAFF
Chat to us about best practice and the practical aspects of importing goods from China to Australia that require import licences and approvals. We support our clients to import a large range of consumer and industrial goods to Australia from China.